D-1 Visa

You may also need to find an immigration attorneys in other parts of the country. Click here to go to Find Immigration Lawyers in The US.  If you are looking for a NYC Immigration Attorney simply follow the link to find out about an immigration attorney in New York CIty that can help with all of these issues.


Crewpersons serving in good faith for normal operations aboard vessels docked temporarily in the U.S. may apply for the D-1 Visa. This classification includes musicians, stewards, technicians, and chefs.

You may temporarily remain in the U.S. for as long as you are a member of the crew. People who are traveling with the D-1 visa holder may remain in the U.S. for as long as the D-1 nonimmigrant is allowed. Under certain circumstances, D-1 visa holders may be permitted to perform longshore work in U.S. ports of entry.

This visa does not apply to workers on U.S. fishing boats.